Friday, March 8, 2013

SNSDC95 - We Are Going Green!

Hello Friends!
 
It's still a wee bit nippy out side, but here at Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge we're turning Green... & Not with Envy! Our Cards are Green, Our Blogs are Green, Our thumbs are even Green!
 
Well, My thumbs at least are Green, but thats because I love Flowers! & I Enjoy giving Flowers to My Nana...  You see, She has done so much for me & my little Family.... Rather than just saying a simple "Thank You!" I thought a unique vase filled with some Beautiful Flowers would work, & bring an instant huge smile to her face!
 
 
(This is a Vase Cover, filled with Gardenias, Unopened White Lillies, Lime Green Chrysanthemums, Miniature White Spray Roses, & White Azaleas)
 
 In Honor of Going Green, I decided I'd re-purpose a white cardboard box I've been hoarding. I Covered it in Black and then layered my Designer Paper  & added Ribbon just like I would on a card, found a small vase to fit inside and bought some flowers from a nearby florist to really make it come to life!
 
I found the awesome Bird Cage cutout at Michaels and decided to make him a shiny Black & Green/Blue Boat Tailed Grackle (Common to the East Coast) Singing a sweet song of the South.

 
It Truly is an uplifting gift, with the verse
Psalm 66:1 "Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands;"
from the Digi Stamp Set - Sing unto the Lord
 
I am entering this Project in the following Challenges:
 
 
 
 
Supplies:
Cardstock - Bazzill Swiss Dot Basic (Pepper)
Recollections (Music Notes, Old Handwritten Note)
Designer Paper - We R Memory Keepers (Anthologie 6x6, Good Day Sunshine Journaling Cards 4x6)
Bling - Recollections Rhinestones Black
Ribbon - My Stash
Flowers - Ashland Signature Stems ( Hydrangea - Savannah)
Copics - YG23, YG25
Spellbinders - Labels 18
Bird Cage Wooden Cut Out - Michaels
Box - My Stash
Music Notes - Momenta
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely vase, Amy! I'm sure your Nana loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project you have created Amy! You really thought 'outside the box' with this one, and the result is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely project you have created Amy! You really thought 'outside the box' with this one, and the result is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely created, thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for the Die for Dies Challenge, indeed a lovely creation, so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning vase, wow! I LOVE this fresh color scheme, and every single detail is just perfect... anazing! I'm sure your Nana will treasure it. :) Thanks for playing along in our "Bit o' Green" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Amy!! Another "out of the park grand slam!!" It is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure Nana was thrilled with it. You included so many details and showcased the verse perfectly. GREAT job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this combination of yellows/lime greens with the black. It turned out just amazing, and I'm so grateful that you've shared it with us in our challenge this week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project, and so awesome that you upcycled the box. Wonderful color combo too. I am a new follower of your blog and hope you will follow mine too. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful spring gift, so fresh and invigorating. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally gorgeous!!

    Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes With Ribbon Challenge at Crafty Ribbons!

    Hugs,
    Karen.DT.xx

    http://kraftykarensblogspot.co.uk/wordpress/500-follower-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful gift, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete