Friday, February 8, 2013

Pink & Black/SNSDC91 - stackable boxes

 
This week at Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge we are getting our Pink on! The Challenge is to use Pink/Black Combo on a Card/Project.
 
 
For my Pink/Black Project I wanted to make a gift for someone, Something really special... So when I found these wooden boxes (set of 3) at Walmart in the Paint section I knew they would be perfect for this Challenge!
 
First I primed my boxes & then I used Beetle Black (M.S. Paint - Satin) on the Lids, & Arrowhead (M.S. Paint - Satin) on the box. I grabbed this Sweet Heart with Wings Digi Image from the All My Heart  digi stamp set - from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps...
 
 
My Hubby took me shopping at Michaels and bought me a new Cricut Cartridge that I absolutely LOVE, Ornamental Iron 2!!! It had the perfect scroll work I was looking for. I also cut 1/2 in strips of swiss dot embossed bazzill basic papers in Pirouette and Ballet, (Sorta looks like a V.S. Bag)
 
For the Image to have more POP, I simply cut it out and layered it on black cardstock to make the coloring stand out more.
 
I am entering this in the following Challenges-
Scrap Creations - Valentines
Simon Says Stamp - Have a Heart
Divas by Design - Winged Things
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Spark Creativity Challenge #6 - Ends February 28th 
 
-Supplies-
 
Cardstock- Bazzill Basic; Black Bird, Cinder, Pirouette, Ballet
Image- Heart w/ wings from All My Heart Digi Stamp Set from Sweet'nSassy Stamps
Cricut Cartridge- Ornamental Iron2
Spellbinders- Fancy Squares
Copics-RV29,RV14,C1,C3,C5,C7
Boxes- Wooden set of 3 from Walmart
Paint- Martha Stewart; Satin Beetle Black & ArrowHead
Cricut Embossing Folder - Paper Lace 2

5 comments:

  1. Amy, you knocked this one out of the ball park. This is absolutely beautiful!! I love all the details you included in this. Sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful! You are incredibly creative, and I am SO blessed to have you share your art with us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gift boxes, Amy. The new Cricut Cartridge is perfect with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful gift boxes...thanks for sharing with Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous boxes!! So pretty!! Who needs the gift inside of them! They are a gift in itself!! Great work!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete